Pond Filter CleaningSpring Pond Filter Cleaning / Startup Services
For some customers their pond may not warrant a full blown pond cleaning this Spring. Ponds that have a relatively small fish load or maybe those that had a Fall pond cleaning their pond may be relatively clean. We always encourage our customers to use the visual test with their pond. If you look into your pond this Spring and you see muck and debris then you need a Full Pond Cleanout. Otherwise you may just need a spring filter cleaning and start-up, your Biofalls and Skimmer filters may need to be replaced, etc. For these customers we offer a Spring Filter Cleaning and Start-up. This service is just what it says instead of draining and pressure washing the pond we simply service your pond, remove debris, treat algae, add beneficial bacteria and clean or replace your filter mats and check all components of your pond. The Fish stay happy and safe in the pond.
Please be aware that we have several hundred customers that rely on us to help with their “Spring Start ups” every year. All Spring Maintenance scheduling is done on a first come first serve basis, if you delay submitting your deposit, your clean out could easily be delayed to May or later!! Once we receive your clean out request we will send you a Clean Out Request Form so that you can submit any service/product requests you may have.
What is the Process for a Spring Filter Cleaning?
Some of you know what this entails, but for those that are new to water gardening here is the rundown:
- FIRST (and most importantly) get your name on the Spring Clean out roster. We service hundreds of water gardens beginning when the ice thaws, so waiting is NOT your best option!
- We will call or email you (from the info you provide on the info form) to schedule a Pond Profile or to give you your Pond Clean cost.
- You will need to submit your Spring Pond Clean Deposit in order to get on our Calendar.
- Once your deposit is received you will need to complete the Spring Pond Maintenance Service Form to provide details of your specific pond needs and to request a Day/Time for your Spring Pond Maintenance.
- On pond clean out day, be sure to have your garden hose outside (and the water turned on), waterfall pump(s) and other components readily available and your water garden electrical outlet turned on.
- We will service your pond, remove debris, treat for algae, and add beneficial bacteria.
- We will check stream and waterfall lights, and pull, clean and reinstall the waterfall pump.
- Rinse & clean or replace filter pads.