Cleanout Request Form
"*" indicates required fields
What To Expect
Due to the organic nature of Ecosystem Ponds our service professionals will preserve some of the established organic matter that exists within your pond. What this means is that our cleanout professionals will remove excessive sludge/debris from the bottom of your pond, clean all filtration devices (Biofalls®, Skimmers, etc.) and remove excessive algae from the rock in your stream and in your pond. However, the cleanout process performed by us will NOT result in a “Sparkling Clean” pond. It will however, leave you with a healthy pond that will be ready for an enjoyable low maintenance year. Finally it is likely that your pond water may appear “cloudy or murky” due to suspended solids floating in the water for up to 24 hours after the service is performed. This is normal, however if the murkiness persists for more than 48 hours please contact us.
Also, please remember that the following tasks need to be completed prior to your cleanout. Failure to abide could result in your service not being able to be performed on the scheduled date/time. Should we not be able to gain access you may be charged an additional to compensate for lost time/travel costs.
- Site Access –Please make sure that our service personnel have access to the pond. This includes any necessary gate codes / locks, etc.
- Pets – Please ensure that all pets are put up prior to the scheduled cleanout date/time. Also, pet waste causes an unsanitary working environment for our service personnel. Please ensure that any pet waste is cleaned up around the pond area.
- Water – The cleanout process requires the use of a pressure washer and partial pond refill. Therefore, access to a water spigot will be required.
- Electric – The cleanout process requires access to a 120 volt GFCI protected electrical outlet.
- Pond Refill – Upon finishing your clean out we will refill the pond with enough water to re-introduce your fish (At least 1′ of Water). For Larger ponds YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FINISHING THE FILLING PROCESS AND PLUGGING IN THE WATERFALL PUMP (We have estimated your labor costs based on this assumption to keep your clean out costs to a minimum).
Excessive Debris/Sludge Removal
If your pond has not been regularly cleaned and/or has been neglected for some time it could require the removal of excessive sludge/leaves/debris. The base cleanout charge covers normal debris removal. H2O Designs reserves the right to charge an additional fee for excessive debris removed from the pond. This fee is charged at a $250/hour rate.
Thinning of plants
Our normal cleanout process does not includes the thinning of plants that may be getting too large. Additional plant thinning requests will be billed @ $25/sqft of plants removed.
Spring cleanouts can be stressful on your pond ecosystem, fish, and pond surroundings. We go to great lengths to take every precautionary measure possible. However, some issues are beyond our control and therefore H2O Designs cannot be directly linked to our deliberate negligence.
A full cleanout will require that your fish be removed from your pond and carefully placed into an aerated tank during the cleanout process. After which your fish will be slowly acclimated back into the freshly de-chlorinated pond water. In some extreme circumstances (VERY poor water quality of existing pond for example) this process can be stressful and has the potential to cause health issues and/or death with your fish. The H2O Designs service personnel will take every possible precaution to ensure no issues occur. However, H2O Designs shall not be responsible for any Fish/pond health issues or death resulting from our cleanout services. Becasue your fish are living creatures, there are many factors beyond our control which may cause death or injury to your fish.
Our cleanout personnel take great care to minimize the damage to any pond plants, pond accents, or surrounding landscape. However, reasonable access to the pond itself is required. Therefore, the possibility of some damage to existing pond plants, pond accents, and general landscaping exists. Please inform H2O Designs of any areas that need to be protected upon or prior to arrival so that these areas can be avoided. H2O Designs assumes no responsibility for any damages that may occur to your pond plants, accents or surrounding landscape during the cleanout process.
Due to the organic nature of Ecosystem Ponds H2O Designs will preserve some of the established organic matter that exists within your pond. What this means is that our cleanout professionals will remove excessive sludge/debris from the bottom of your pond, clean all filtration devices (Biofalls®, Skimmers, etc.) and remove excessive algae from the rock in your stream and in your pond. However, the cleanout process performed by H2O Designs will NOT result in a “Sparkling Clean” pond. It will however, leave you with a healthy pond that will be ready for an enjoyable low maintenance year.
Refilling The Pond
Upon completing the Cleanout Our Service professionals will begin to refill the pond and re-acclimate the fish. The 150-300 Gallons of pond water that the fish were placed in will be added back to the pond. We will leave a water hose left on a trickle or leave the pond partially filled depending on homeowner’s request. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to finish filling the pond unless other arrangements have been previously agreed upon.
Stream & Pond Leaks
We make every attempt to locate potential leaks during our Spring Service. However, a leak may not be noticeable at the time of the Spring Services call. Additional service call visits to address pond leaks will incur additional service call fees.
H2O Designs Inc. assumes absolutely no responsibility for any issues/problems that cannot be directly related to negligence on the part of our service employees. This includes but is not limited to leaks, pump failure, electrical issues, etc.
Right to Service
All Services are offered at the sole discretion of H2O Designs Inc.
- A 50% deposit is required before your cleanout will be scheduled.
- Right to Rescind: The customer shall have a period of 3 days from the deposit date to rescind any obligations receive a full refund for any deposits received less applicable design & financing fees. After 3 days the customer may receive a partial refund of any deposits less any reasonable administrative, design, travel & other fees incurred at the discretion of H2O Designs Inc.
- Cancellations: In the event of cancellation all deposits shall be refunded at the discretion of H2O Designs Inc.
- Payment – Final payment in full is due within 15 days of final invoiced date.
- A 10% Late Payment charge will be applied for all payments not postmarked by the 15th day from the invoiced date.
- An additional revolving 5%/Month Delinquent Payment charge will be applied for all payments outstanding beyond 30 Days from original invoiced date.
Once your service date is scheduled we will contact you informing you of the tentative date (usually 2 weeks in advance). As your scheduled date approaches you will receive confirmation of the exact date and scheduled time for your services. If you have an exact date/time you would like your cleanout performed on you must submit this with your deposit payment. We will make every effort to accommodate your wishes. However, we cannot guarantee any scheduling requests will be accommodated.
Please be sure you have read and understand all aspects of our Spring Maintenance Services. Your deposit payment signifies acceptance of all terms and conditions referenced in this document. Please read the terms of this spring maintenance agreement and ensure that you fully understand all of our pricing and policies.