Pond CleaningPond Cleaning Services
We recommend that your pond receive a full cleaning at least once per year to help maintain its low maintenance and beautiful appearance. Failure to perform an annual clea out could result in increased maintenance or fish health issues.
All Lexington & Central Kentucky (KY) area customers receive a custom price quote for their cleanout. If we have serviced your pond in the past or if we installed your pond we can give you a cost for your cleaning once you have contacted us. If you are a new customer we will require a Pond Profile to familiarize ourselves with your pond and to give you an accurate Spring Pond Maintenance price. If you would like to hire H2O Designs to perform your spring maintenance services please fill out the Spring Pond Maintenance form to the right to receive your cleanout Pricing or a Pond Profile.
Pond Cleaning Request Form
If you are Interested in learning more about our Complete Pond Maintenance Service Plans
Please be aware that we have several hundred Lexington & Central Kentucky (KY) area customers that rely on us to help with their “Spring Start ups” every year. All Spring Maintenance scheduling is done on a first come first serve basis, if you delay submitting your deposit, your cleanout could easily be delayed to May or later!!
Once we receive your cleanout request we will send you a Cleanout Request Form so that you can submit any service / product requests you may have.
What is the Process?
Some of you know what this entails, but for those that are new to water gardening here is the rundown:
- FIRST (and most importantly!) get your name on the Spring Cleanout roster. We service hundreds of water gardens beginning when the ice thaws, so waiting is NOT your best option!
- We will call or email you (from the info you provide on the info form) to schedule a Pond Profile or to give you your Pond Clean cost.
- You will need to submit your Spring Pond Cleanout Deposit in order to get on our Calendar.
- Once your Deposit is received you will need to complete the Spring Pond Maintenance Service Form to provide details of your specific pond needs and to request a Day/Time for your Spring Pond Maintenance.
- On Pond cleanout day, be sure to have your garden hose outside (and the water turned on!), waterfall pump(s) and other components readily available and your water garden electrical outlet turned on.
- H2O Designs will now get down & dirty with your water feature! We will drain the water (temporarily housing the fish if you have them). The next step is to give the water feature a quick pressure washing and rinse (we don’t want to remove every bit of the beneficial Bio-Film). Once washed down they will trim back and fertilize aquatic plants, check and replace underwater light bulbs or fixtures, re-adjust rocks & gravel and finally install the waterfall pump. When all of this is finished, they will begin refilling the water feature (and re-introducing your fish if you have them). Any requested water treatment products will be left for you.
- If your water garden includes a pond with fish, upon finishing your cleanout we will refill the pond with enough water to re-introduce your fish. For Larger ponds YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR FINISHING THE FILLING PROCESS AND PLUGGING IN THE WATERFALL PUMP (We have estimated your labor costs based on this assumption to keep your cleanout costs to a minimum).
Read our Spring Cleanout Maintenance Agreement for more Details
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Drain, Rinse & Pond Refill
- Pond Sludge Removal
- Pressure wash rocks & gravel
- Removal of excess debris and leaves
- Fish Health Check
- Pond Water Quality Inspection
- Lighting Check
- Pump Maintenance Inspection
- Pond Filters Cleaning/Inspection
- Pond, Stream & Waterfall Face lift (Adjust Rocks, Add Gravel, Etc.)